Saturday, November 24, 2007

I live!

Okay, lots of catching up to do. Since the last time I wrote, school started, I went to England for 2 weeks, I took over as director for a piano lessons company, Ferris has been to another grad school session, and now I'm wrapping up my Thanksgiving vacation.

Wow, that was easier than I thought.

I came home from England with WAY too many pictures, so I'll post a few of my favorites. My mom and I did a home exchange with a family from England, so they stayed at my mom's house in Shreveport, and we stayed in their house. We exchanged cars, watered each other's plants, took care of pets, just like we were house sitting. Except we were on another continent. It was SO wonderful. I will start a running log of posts from each leg of the journey, but for now I want to show you a few of my favorite pictures of the whole trip.

Me and Cracker, the English Belton Setter at Danna Farm in the north country.















We went to Chatsworth manor on Gardener's Weekend Festival, so all the statues were decorated with beautiful flowers.


















Later we went to Haddon Hall, and walked around the newest addition to the house, built in 1630. We also made time for the girliest, Englishiest tea ever in London at Fortnum and Mason's. *sigh* Fabulous.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

eegads i have been waiting and waiting to here about this!!!!!!!!!

Etta said...

Glad to have you back. I almost didn't check today--I was tired of seeing Kermit frankly. :)

Jim Hatcher said...

very cool. keep the pics and dialog coming. :)