Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Paula Deen live


Hey, y'all! I'm quoting Paula. I am ravenously addicted to cooking shows, and I really enjoy Paula Deen's shows. She has such a Southern country flair, it reminds me of so many people in my life. Well, she now has a live traveling show, and I went to see her in Shreveport. What fun! She has a surprisingly earthy sense of humor. The funny thing was, cooking was the lowest priority. She made pork chops, collard greens, and mac and cheese, but she would get as far as a stick of butter (she tossed a stick to a lady in the audience) when something would come in her mind to say. She would just walk off and go to the edge of the stage and talk with someone, leaving her assistant to do all the real cooking. Her husband and brother were there too, chatting and making funny comments. My Mom and I had a lot of fun. She filled the CenturyTel arena, so she's doing all right. Paula is a person whom I feel deserves everything she gets because she went through such rough, low times in her life, and turned her own destiny around with determination and God's help. Go Paula!

No comments: