Sunday, June 3, 2007

What else would you be?

My friend Jerusalem asked what else would you do as a career if you could change. I love music and dealing with kids so much that if I weren't a music person of some kind, my first choice would be bag lady. I don't know if I can do anything else, or would want to do anything else on a long-term basis. I've tried to run from myself a few times, working in a vet's office, waiting tables, or not working period (that lasted a month, partly from boredom, partly from necessity). They were such dismal failures I've learned to quit fighting it. The first time I waited tables I was HORRENDOUS. I still hesitate to go into an Olive Garden because of bad memories. The vet's office started all right when I was an animal assistant, holding cute kitties, but then they put me in the office, and all that common sense multitasking stuff sunk me.
I'm interested, what would you do if you could have a dream job?

2 comments:

Tad and Monica said...

I am waiting for a cruise line to contact me to do lectures on their Latin American cruises so I can sail all day and give lectures a couple of times a week. Bring it on!

Liz said...

If I had enough investment income, I'd love to flip foreclosure properties. I LOVE looking at floorplans (bought a whole book of 500 floorplans at Lowe's the other day, just for fun) and fixing up a place.